Tuesday 6 November 2012

6. Big Decision - Flashback

*Thanks for the comments left on chapter 5 :D Also I just wanna make sure y'all don't think I'm some sort of sex maniac lol and with this fic I would have preferred for Drake and Nicki to be like the same age and stuff but Kellie already wrote the first 3 chapters and their ages and all that so, yeah I had to keep it the same.*

Waking up alone she remembered since it was summer break Drake had work. She just lay for a few minutes before deciding to get herself up, catching sight of the morning after pills there was a little note left from him too. Smiling to herself she picked it up and read it, he was worried that she'd get pregnant and left them out for her. She took it with a gulp of water before heading to bathroom to shower. It was only after she'd got out a dressed did she realise that she actually couldn't remember the last time she had her period. Frowing deeply she threw her jammies in the wash basket and grabbed Drake's calendar from his dresser, ignoring the images of naked women all over it.

"Oh my God." Double and triple checking that she hadn't mistaken herself she put the calendar back and sat down on the bed. A million and one thoughts ran through her head as she chewed anxiously on her finger nails. It was just over eight weeks, she'd skipped two periods and not even noticed, How is that possible? Continuing to freak out she felt as though she was on the verge of tears but Sandi's voice brought her back to the moment.

"Nicki?" Her soft voice became more audible as she opened the door. "Sorry, I knew you were up, I heard the shower goin'." She smiled sweetly and tilted her head. "How you feelin' this morning?" Nicki froze, how did she know? Was she showing already? She looked down timidly and gathered herself.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." She stood up and made her way to the door.

"Oh good, so the chicken didn't bother your stomach again?" They continued talking as they made their way to kitchen whilst Nicki's whole body sighed with relief realising she was talking about the chicken. Of course now Nicki knew it wasn't even the chicken in the first place.

"No, I feel fine thanks." Sitting herself down she poured some cereal and proceeded to eat as Sandi cleaned what must have been their dishes from this morning. Nicki was the last one up.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it. Y'know? Dennis wanted to take us all out tonight and I know he and Drake don't exactly see eye to eye but I was hoping you could try and get him to act a little civil?"

"Of course, I mean they were ok last night right? No arguing at the table or nothin'." She crunched on another spoonful as Sandi turned around to face her.

"Oh my God, you're right! I hadn't even noticed." She dried the last plate and checked her pocket watch that was part of her work uniform. "Well, I better head off if I wanna keep my job huh?" Nicki just smiled as carried on eating, silently worrying about her dilemma.

After breakfast she did some housework to try and distract herself but it was still there at the back of her mind. Finishing the vacuuming she pulled her phone out and texted the girls to meet her at the mall. It was within walking distance and honestly she felt as though some fresh air would do her good. She knew she'd have to do a test anyway but she didn't quite feel like telling her friends about this just yet, and as for telling Drake she was absolutely petrified. Lightly putting on a little make-up she kept it minimal before pulling her hair up into a messy bun and grabbing her purse. She locked the door behind her and hid the spare key before beginning her walk.

                                                                                  ~

"So you an SB still ain't talkin'?" Lauren's brow furrowed intensely as she put more ketchup on her burger.

"No, I've called him over and over but he won't answer." She kept on picking at what was left of her fried chicken before grabbing her coke and taking a sip. "He said anythin' to any of y'all?" Candi, TT, Cassie, Shanell and Lauren all shook their heads simultaneously making Nicki sigh. Noticing how down she seemed Cassie spoke up cheerfully.

"How 'bout y'all come stop at mine tonight? My parents are out and I need help tryna decide what to wear on Saturday." She looked between them all as they nodded happily.

"I can't."

"Ohh come on Nicki! Please? It's been forever since we hung out, all of us together." They all pouted but Nicki kept her answer the same.

"No you guys I really can't, Drake's Dad wants to take us all out for dinner tonight. But how 'bout tomorrow?" She sipped some more coke as they waited for Cassie to answer.

"Actually, yeah that could work better actually. So tomorrow?" They all agreed before throwing away their trash and continuing to walk around. They'd all noticed how quiet Nicki was being but just assumed it was this whole mess with Safaree. Suddenly seeing a pharmacy nearby she quickly made up a lie about needing to get some painkillers for Sandi and told them all she catch them up. She had no idea which pregnancy test to get as she roamed the aisle cluelessly. Grabbing the cheapest one she took it to the checkout and hurriedly put it in her purse as she swiftly moved through the crowds to catch up with the girls. She was kind of looking forward to spending the night with them tomorrow. Sometimes it felt like the only female company she got was Sandi and her own Mother when she visited home once a week. Finding a quiet moment Lauren and Nicki were alone whilst thumbing through the clothes rack.

"You 'kay Nic?"

Yeah, yeah I'm good. Just tired I guess and I'm sick of this issue Safaree has with Drake. He's my best friend, he should be happy for me."

"Mm, I get what you're sayin' but think about it Nic. It's always been just you and SB and then all of a sudden there's this new guy on the scene and he's lost his best friend. Just give him time, he'll come 'round when he realises that Drake ain't gon' hurt you." She smiled comfortingly and right then Nicki knew she could talk to her about anything.

"Laur?"

"Yeah?" She stopped searching the rack to move on to the next one as Nicki choked on her words.

"There is somethin' else that's botherin' me." she trailed off and fixed her eyes on the ground as Lauren grew more concerned.

"Nic? What is it? Y'know you can tell me?"

"Yeah I know, thanks. I just...I think..." She stumbled some more before growing impatient with herself and quickly opened her purse, letting Lauren see the pregnancy tests. It took her a moment to actually notice them but when she did there was silence. Looking around to make sure the other girls weren't listening she hushly whispered.

"Do you know for sure?'

"No, I'm like, eight weeks late but I haven't done a test yet." She chewed on her lip and threw her purse back over her shoulder.

"You wanna go do it now? I'll go with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on." Putting the dress back on the rack Lauren shouted to the others that they were going to grab a water and they'd come back to find them. Walking to the restroom was like walking the green mile. She felt so nervous, like finding out could result in the end of her life. As Lauren roughly pushed open a cubicle they both shuffled in to the restroom that nobody used. Locking the door Lauren turned to look at a terrified Nicki.

"Don't watch me."

"Nika, I'm not eyein' yo' goods now hurry up and pee on the stick." She joked a little, trying to ease her nerves which kind of worked as she laughed and shoved her away. Lauren did as she was asked and turned around whilst Nicki did her business, after hearing her jean zipper and the toilet flush she figured she was done.

"Now we wait." Doing her little half smile with a dimple shrug she pulled the toilet seat down and sat on it as Lauren leant against the cubicle door.

"You want me to look at it when it's done?" Nicki nodded solemnly and handed the stick to her, it had a sanitary cap on it so there was no way Lauren would get any urine on herself.

About six minuted passed before Nicki found the courage to look up at her friend.

"Have you looked at it?" Lauren immediately felt bad for her friend after hearing the tremor in her voice.

"Not yet, you want me to?"

"Yeah, just get it over with." Holding her breath she tried to watch Lauren's face as she turned the test around to look at it. "What does it say?"

"You're pregnant." There was no easy way of saying it as she enveloped her friend in a hug. "It's gon' be okay Nic. You got all of us, and Drake."

"I know but I have no idea what the fuck I'm gonna do Lauren! I can't have a baby!" She waved her hands on either side of her face in an attempt to stop herself from crying.

"So you really don't have any clue what you're gonna do?"

"Definitely nothing until I've spoken to Drake, I'on wanna do anythin' behind his back." Lauren nodded in agreement still holding the test.

"You wanna keep this or chuck it?"

"Ew Lauren, I'on wanna keep it!" She giggled a little at the suggestion.

"Well I just figured if you decided to keep the baby then you might want it or something, y'know all that sentimental shit?" She grinned and threw it in the bin before letting them both out. "We better go find the others before they realise we've been gone forever."

The rest of the shopping trip was a blur to be honest, she felt like she had this huge weight on her shoulders and the sooner she spoke to Drake the sooner she'd relax a little. Walking along the side walk she tried to think up a way to tell him but even when she reached the house she still had nothing. Opening the door she was surprised to see him home already. He was asleep on the couch watching TV. Setting her purse on the counter she removed her shoes and tiptoed over to him. He looked so peaceful as she carefully climbed on to the couch with him, she knew she wanted to tell him straight away. Knowing him so well he would be more upset if she kept it from him.

"You're bad at sneakin' Nic, anyone ever tell you that?" He opened his eyes slowly as she snuggled into him some more.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's aight." He yawned loudly and looked down at her. "You had a good day?"

"Mm, tell me 'bout your day first. How was work?"

"Ugh, I just about had it with the new guy. He's not gon' last." He frowned and looked down at her again. "You kay? You're mad quiet." She could feel the lump in her throat as she readied herself to tell him.

"No, I need to tell you somethin'." She sat up and moved so that she could hold his hand and look him dead in the face.

"What is it Nicki? Is it your Mom? Did your Dad do somethin' to her or-" His voice was full of concern.

"Drake I'm pregnant." Her small voice managed to silence his pointless rambling as he sat staring at her in disbelief. There was pure silence for a few minutes as his mind processed what she'd just said. "Please, say somethin'? Are you mad?"

"What? No Nicki of course I'm not mad." He quickly closed the gap between them and held her hand tighter. "You're sure you're pregnant?"

"Yeah, I did a test before I came home." She sniffed and carried on playing with a button on his shirt.

"How far are you?"

"I'on know, I think I'm like, eight weeks or somethin' close to that."

"I understand that we have to make a decision together but I want to know what you wanna do first?"

"Honestly Aubrey, I'on even know."

"Well do you think you'd want to have it?"

"Aubrey please? I really don't know. My head is all over the place right now." She moved away from him and wiped her tears away as he stayed watching her.

"How 'bout we sleep on it and book an appointment at the doctor's tomorrow?" She merely nodded and looked back at him tiredly.

"I don't think I could get rid of it though...I mean, it's our baby." She fiddled with her sleeves as he gave her leg a reassuring rub.

"It's kinda amazin' though right? That our baby's in there right now, don't you think?" He looked at her flat stomach but tore his eyes away as her hands rested there gently.

"Yeah, I suppose it is." She smiled back at him before talking again. "But what I'm sayin' is I don't think I'd be able to go through with an abortion. I couldn't."

"Well I just want you to know that I'm gon' be there for you all the way with whatever decision is made, kay?" She felt the tears spilling from her eyes as she nodded and moved back into his embrace.

                  
                                                                   ~

Sitting at the table in the restaurant Nicki felt a lot less knotted than earlier, feeling Drake's hand still resting reassuringly on her thigh as they looked over their dessert menus. There had been no drama much to Sandi's surprise and she could honestly say she was thrilled about it.

"I couldn't eat another bite if I tried!" Sitting back in her chair Sandi exhaled and put her menu back down as Nicki did the same.

"Mmm, me either."

"Word? Y'all are weak!" Licking his lips Drake carried on scanning over the menu. They stayed a while longer as Dennis and Drake finished their food before heading home again. Nicki felt exhausted and now felt the nerves building up inside knowing that she had an appointment the next day. Drake had called and made one before his Dad had got home. She carried on thinking about it whilst she pulled her earrings out and wiped her makeup off with a wipe.

"You're panickin' 'bout tomorrow aren't you?" His voice travelled across the room causing her to turn and look at him laying in bed.

"Yeah, why? Aren't you even a lil' bit nervous?"

"Of course I am. It's a huge thing Nic." He paused as she turned around again and proceeded with removing her makeup. "Y'know you said abortion was outta the question?"

"Yeah?"

"So does that mean you're thinkin' of adoption?"

"Like I said Drake, I have no idea right now but yes. Adoption is definitely an option."

"See, I'on think I could handle that." His voice was small and caught her attention as she discarded the used wipe and hit the light before climbing into bed with him.

"You're really against that?"

"No, I'm not against it. I just don't think I'd be able to watch you grow with our baby and then have him or her handed over to another family." He rested his hand on her stomach as they lay face to face. Their talking lasted way into the early hours of the morning and honestly Nicki had no idea how they finally came to their decision but she was just happy that they actually had decided and that Drake was being so supportive about everything. So after hours of discussing quietly, they came to the decision that they were going to keep their baby.

                                                        ~

After her appointment they were both in high spirits, although she was still terrified about the whole idea just seeing her baby on the monitor made her heart melt. Not to mention having Drake there holding her hand the whole time. They were now on their way to Nicki's favorite food place since Drake wanted to take her out to lunch on his day off.

"I can't believe we're really doin' this." Her voice made him look at her in between trying to keep an eye on the road.

"You are happy about it though, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I just mean I can't believe it!" She smiled as they continued on down the road. This was it for Drake, all the secrets he'd been harbouring had to stop now, that and he had to finally stand up to Deshaun and tell him he was done with everything. All that mattered now was Nicki and their baby.

*Ok, I know this one isn't as popular as Sweet Dreams but I still posted anyway lol There will only be about 2 more flashback chapters and then it will be back to present day where Nicki and Aubree are moving in with Safaree. =] Thanks to everyone who left a comment on the last chapter!*


6 comments:

  1. this story is so cute i'm glad drake is being so supportive post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good chapter, glad Drake is tryin to be a man about her being pregnant. Now this guy he workin for must be a drug dealer, yeah he need to stop whatever it is he doin. Want more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im happy that Drake is being really supportive about everything & planning on talking to Deshuan about not wanting to be involved with whatever it was that he was in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the chapter and I'm happy they have decided to keep the baby now we have to see how everyone is going to handle the news! Thanks for posting. ~Jessie_Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drake is Just Sooo Amazing, For being their For hiss Boo.. Im Gladd. I wonder how Sandi's Gonna take it tho. Cause she was alredi worried about themm beein alone and what Not. Im In Looooveee With This Fic. ^___^ Posst Soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story is amazing! Please update soon

    ReplyDelete